Technical Expert - Application Security
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
The Application Security Technical Expert will:
•Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in commercial, open source, and custom software applications; infrastructure; and processes running across one of the world’s largest networks
• Manage vulnerability and exploit data in large scale tests using collaboration tools across a tight-knit team
• Compose test reports and record vulnerability data according to Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) processes
• Deliver technical debriefs to engineers, developers and leaders as needed
• Never stop learning the latest and most advanced security testing techniques, development tools, and frameworks
• Maintain testing tools, hardware and equipment, creating new tools where appropriate
• Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
OSCP, OSWP, OSCE, GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN certifications (current)
Experience in retail / e-commerce environments
Experience developing web/mobile code
Experience with enterprise bug bounty programs
Strong knowledge of common networking configurations, load balancing, firewalls, and security controls
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
The Application Security Technical Expert is a seasoned, well-rounded application security expert and penetration tester responsible for protecting the globally distributed information assets of the world’s largest company through specialized security testing. This InfoSec professional is a relentless and creative bug hunter among bug hunters with an eagle eye, disciplined methodology and proactively collaborates with some of the brightest security minds in the world.