Staff Data Scientist
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
Enrich product data by using machine-learning algorithms to classify products, match products and extract attributes.
• Work with product managers and business teams to understand the business problems and develop data-driven solutions
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Use computer vision algorithms to analyze and extract information from images
• Ph.D with 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 10 years of experience building solutions leveraging machine-learning to complex business problems
• Deep knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
• Experience building deep learning networks to scale problems at scale
• Advanced ability to produce Java and Python code
• Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools
(Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of Spark, Scikit-learn.
Proven experience working with statistical languages such as R.
Prior experience working with image recognition algorithms
Strong research and publication record
Prior experience with Retail, eCommerce or SaaS offerings
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
Data Scientist for Product Catalog team!