DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and executes technical software development strategy for ecommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Ensures product quality
- Executes engineering projects
- Provides overall direction for Engineering
- Reduces customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues
• BS/MS/PhD in computer science with 10+ years of experience in software product development and hands-on coding experience in the past.
* Extensive background in leading software engineering product teams
* Good understanding of retail technology space.
* Good understanding of open source software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with Big Data and related technologies such as Map-Reduce, Hive, Spark a big plus.
• Good understanding of data sciences, modeling, feature engineering a big plus.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
CRM team requires a leader who can
1. Understand business use-cases and build platforms to support it.
2. Instill software engineering best practices to the team
3. Build relationship with key stakeholders
4. Build and manage a team of high-performing engineers
As a Director of Engineering, you will lead and grow an engineering organization that is responsible for supporting marketing vehicles such as advertising systems, email and push delivery and Search Engine Monetization (SEM) systems. You will have solid experience in best practices related to design, development and deployment of software systems. You will collaboratively work with Product and Business Partners to drive the business forward.
• Provide technical leadership to the team ensuring the designs meet the objectives and is operable, maintainable and scalable
• Cross functionally work with Product and Business partners to understand business and drive the product roadmap
• Manage a high-performance engineering team