Manager, Supply Chain Analytics and Reporting
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
• Understand the sources of key data structures and the relationship among these data structures within data warehouse infrastructure.
• Identify and implement new business critical metrics that enhance measures on speed, delivery performance, and cost and measure the associated improvement over time.
• Deliver the reporting and summarize recommendations based on results on a regular basis to key business partners.
• Become the data quality gate keeper that identifies discrepancies/gaps and works with the necessary sources to monitor and cleanse the data.
• Create clean and compelling visual reporting and graphical depictions of data.
• Understand the supply chain to develop, maintain, and improve forecasting/demand planning and capacity management tools
• Work closely with Fulfillment Center operations to share insights and support FC and carrier capacity planning.
• Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis to investigate forecast variances and propose forecasting solutions.
• Conduct requirements development and user acceptance testing for enhancements to enterprise tools/models.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant and quantitative field (e.g. Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Management Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, etc.) from a top-tier institution.
• Professional experience with BI/visualization tools (Tableau), SQL/data warehouse (Teradata), VBA/Python.
• Expert-level Excel/spreadsheet modeling.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience, preferably including a mix of retail, eCommerce, and supply chain.
• Highly developed analytical, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
• An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as applying an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• MBA from a top-tier institution.
• Professional experience in network optimization tools (e.g. Llamasoft), discrete event simulation tools (e.g. Arena).
• 2+ years of experience at a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or VC/PE firms.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
This is a critical role within the Supply Chain Organization for Samsclub.com, a rapidly growing and dynamic business within Walmart eCommerce. In this role, you will be able to utilize your technical, analytical, and project management skills to deliver solid statistical forecasts, develop planning tools, improve data visibility, and provide insightful analysis. Some examples of key projects include: Demand Planning/Forecasting, S&OP, Supply Chain Dashboard Development/Maintenance, SC Network Design, and Inventory Optimization.
The scope of the role is divided into two functional areas:
1. Supply Chain Decision Analysis
2. Supply Chain Business Intelligence/Reporting
This position will interact with a variety of teams across Samsclub.com and Walmart.com, including fulfillment center operations, logistics, and inventory management, finance, and network strategy.