Principal Product Manager, Payments
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
eCommerce is one of the #1 priorities of Walmart and our goal is to create an A-team of Product Managers who will take this company into the future. The Customer Experience team at Walmart Labs is looking for a Senior Product Manager, focused on Cart & Checkout. This is a critical Product role for the company, as the large majority of strategic priorities of the company touch Checkout. This provides a lot of opportunities to innovate, with incredible support from senior leadership. This role requires a customer champion focused on identifying and driving projects to help make the purchase process as quick, seamless and easy as possible for the customer. It also requires someone with a strong sense of product ownership and drive, coupled with a strong passion for technology and innovation. You will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the org and this requires someone with impressive leadership, operational, technical and marketing skills.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in product management and data analytics across eCommerce and Checkout domains. He/she is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of agile methodologies is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
This Product Manager role will include:
• Developing and championing a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
• Using customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
• Working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
• Presenting and clearly articulating product strategy to company leadership.
• Researching competition and third party vendors to understand the market dynamics
• Prioritizing, designing and implementing projects and enhancements
• Leveraging data to make informed product decisions.
Product Discovery and Definition.
• Own the product discovery process.
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product requirements while following agile methodology.
• Manage partner relationships, identify necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluate and select vendors, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage partnership integration
• Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features
Product Implementation, Deployment and Support
• Engage with engineering and project management during implementation; quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Work closely with Marketing, the Business and AB testing teams to launch products and ensure their adoption.
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Define, track and improve key product metrics.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 6 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field OR 10 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
• Prior experience in the field of eCommerce, preferably in Checkout
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Customer Experience team at Walmart Labs is looking for a Senior Product Manager, focused on Cart & Checkout.