Senior Designer, User Experience
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
The right fit is someone who is a strategic thinker with an advanced interaction design background, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
• Steer interaction design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
• Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that affect billions of our customers every day
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
What You'll Need
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior interaction designer or equivalent practical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
The Supply Chain Technology team is looking for a Sr. UX Designer