Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
Core responsibilities of the Transportation Innovation Analyst will include:
1. Analytics and Data Driven Strategy (75%)
• Conducts supply chain analysis by conducting research and data analysis; completing financial analyses that capture supply chain impact; assimilating knowledge from business segments to model costs; capturing risks with options and detailing cost benefit relationships; and measuring financial impact of process changes after implementation to validate expected performance standards.
• Conducts analysis to drive Speed of Delivery to the Customer. Analyze the several factors which impact this metric and provide visibility to Senior Leadership and Cross functional teams
2. Cross-Functional Partnership and Integration (25%)
• Meeting with cross-functional teams to develop new methods and approaches; and identify process changes that will reduce lead-time and reduce cost from the supply chain.
• Provides training, education, and support by assisting other teams in the Transportation and Logistics Division with analysis and problem solving; providing data and summary reports to meet business needs; and attending supply-chain conferences and training opportunities.
• Enacts projects to build efficiencies across all of Walmart transportation, integrating Walmart.com processes with those of Bentonville General Merchandise Transportation (GMT), the Private Fleet, SamsClub.com, and other Walmart entities where necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
2 - 4 years of relevant experience
Proficient in SQL, Excel, and MS Office
Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams including merchandising, finance, transportation etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Prior omni-channel, supply chain, and/or finance knowledge or experience
Comfortable working with large data sets and generating actionable insights
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
This role will support Walmart.com’s fastest growing omni-channel programs like Ship to store and Ship from Store. Responsibilities will include managing business/ operations, data analytics, assortment as well as support key strategic initiatives.
Performs in-depth ongoing analysis of partner operations to track performance, identify inefficiencies and inform product and tools roadmap
Determines areas of improvement for partner operations and related tools and systems
Identifies and analyzes trends to root cause highly complex issues. Uses insight to recommend and execute solutions.
Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization to investigate and recommend solutions to ongoing and strategic business opportunities