Staff Data Scientist
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
We are looking for brilliant scientists to become key contributors on our data science team. What do we do? We work at automatically enriching and augmenting products descriptions, including the image experience, text description, videos and several other product attributes. We discover relationships within content at scale and power state of the art product discovery experiences all while improving our platform processes.
We are looking for talented PhD scientists that share excitement for one or more of these areas.:
• Content Quality and automated rejection of bad text, image, videos or attributes
• Content enrichment, automated synthesis of text and image optimization.
• Discover and serve content relationships at various degrees of complexity.
• Outlier detection in extremely noisy data sets.
• Log analytics, process mining and knowledge discovery at scale.
• Time series analytics and process classification at scale.
• Each scientist is expected to contribute developing real life solutions while still publishing applied research papers and patents.
• 3-5 Years of industry experience after PhD or Post Doc with a track record of products shipped to market/end users. We are looking primarily for scientists with a track record of achievements in algorithm development, however we are also open and appreciate a profile in knowledge discovery for some of our positions.
• Mastery of Python, Deep Learning frameworks and/or related technologies
• Track record of research publications and patents.
• PhD in computer science, physics, electronics or mathematics
• Excellent communication skills
Proven Ability to work with a team of engineers to deliver real life solutions at scale.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with C++, Java or Scala
• Experience with Spark and/or Hive
• Experience working with image classification, object detection and other image learning technologies.
• Experience with Natural Language Processing, graph technologies and automated text synthesis.
• Experience with performance optimization for scale applications, e.g. optimizing resource utilization and time performances.
• Experience with automated decision making concurrently leveraging image classification and text meaning extraction.
• Experience with process mining and log analytics.
Experience with time series analytics and knowledge discovery.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
The Product Catalog team is at the heart of WalmartLabs. Our applications and state of the art algorithms power the content on mobile, web, search, fulfillment, pricing, marketing technology and data analytics. There is virtually no business function that is not affected by our work. The amount of data we process is second to none. We harness this data to pursue our mission of helping hundreds of millions globally to “live better and save money”.