SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TECH - Back End
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
* BS + 4+ Years or MS + 2+ years or PhD degree in computer science or related discipline
• Strong development experience with the Java stack including Spring/SpringBoot/DropWizard
• Strong Java development experience with HTTP/RESTful APIs, Microservices
• Experience working with NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, Solr, and Apache Kafka
• Have a strong bias for making things happen and love the team aspect of product development
Additional Preferred Qualifications
* Knowledge and experience of continuous delivery, including automated testing of various layers etc.
• Knowledge and experience of relational and NOSQL Databases.
* Experience developing applications deployed to production environments
* Experience in an Agile development environment
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
The @WalmartLabs Personalization team consists of platform, application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. We are focused on building the global service layer that will enable the end-to-end customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. Put your footprint on ground up development focused on building brand new products that will impact a Global customer base.