Senior Product Designer, Stores
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Sr. Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) to our core shopping experience to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research and data
- Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
What You'll Need:
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
- Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- 1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Each week 140,000,000 customers walk through the doors of Walmart Stores to buy the essentials for their lives. The Stores Design team works to bridge the physical & digital worlds to create experiences that feel personal & adaptable, helping customers save time & money in useful, delightful, and unexpected ways.