Senior Design Researcher, Stores
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
At Walmart eCommerce, our customers are at the center of all our design efforts, and user experience research is one way we observe and listen to our customers to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. We look to the User Experience Researcher to represent the perspective of the user and help support our user insight strategy. We are looking for a strong principal researcher to join our Global UX Team.
Your Approach to Work:
• Research with agility: You have a strong working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods, and how they are applied in a fast-moving organization. Experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing is also preferred.
• Actionable Findings: You translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• Creative: When you’re presented with a design or business problem, you think of multiple research approaches to help figure out how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to share the options as well as your recommendation.
• Collaborative: You use your knowledge of the Design process in collaboration with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers, and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You recommend how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
• Self-motivated: You work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior Design leaders and managers.
Skills & Abilities We Look For:
• You are skilled at moderating live studies and know how to structure un-moderated studies.
• You seek to enhance your work by incorporating research actively seek out research & metrics from other sources to provide comprehensive recommendations that inform the design and business strategy.
• You work with our research partners (site analytics, market research) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts
• You work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and know how to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• You stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• You contribute to team processes and standards and help establish best practices for research.
• You have strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
We're looking for someone with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Psychology or other related field and 5 years of User Research experience, or a Master’s degree + 2 years of experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
Each week 140,000,000 customers walk through the doors of Walmart Stores to buy the essentials for their lives. The Stores Design team works to bridge the physical & digital worlds to create experiences that feel personal & adaptable, helping customers save time & money in useful, delightful, and unexpected ways.