Principal Product Manager, Personalization
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
The personalization team as part of the larger Customer Experience team, leads the charter to build recommendations as well as personalize the entire experience end to end for a Walmart customer. The vision for the team is to know more about each customer and show them that we know them, across their shopping journey, by providing 1:1 personalized and curated experiences. If you thought that was exciting and challenging, then throw in omni-channel personalization into the mix which has never been attempted before and it makes for a great opportunity, potentially revolutionary! The team contributes to 10% of the overall GMV for Walmart.com.
As the product lead for Personalization, the expectation is to build on the vision above, create roadmaps, get the teams excited around the roadmap, communicate across stakeholders, lead the team and help execute the charter.
As the leader of the personalization product, it would also be important to contribute to the culture of the team and put the customer at the forefront always!
The product lead :
• Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a product area in support of corporate goals and objectives
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Product Management
• Drives the product discovery process for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects
• Manages vendor relationships
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Supports product implementation and deployment for large, complex, and ambiguous projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field
• 6-8 years of experience in product management, business consulting, or a related field
• Masters in Engineering / Mathematics/ Statistics degree preferred
• Background in ML/AI in retail/related fields
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Product managers are the leaders that shape the vision and long term strategic positioning of the team.