Staff Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
We are seeking a Cloud Native Architect to join our Cloud Enablement Sherpa team.
Extensive experience designing and implementing applications to Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform. At least 6 years of Application Architecture Experience (Java Based apps)
Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models. Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms).
Be able to provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to address a goal.
Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
Evangelize re-use through the implementation of managed services. Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices