Principal Product Management, Content Acquisition
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
The role will be to lead and team and directly engage with the merchants across categories, to develop and execute a content strategy that supports the goals of each category.
1. Develop, in collaboration with category merchants an annual content strategy that is specific to the category(s) and subcategories. The strategy needs to be aligned to category business goals. Become a category expert utilizing external and internal resources to be a highly effective consultant to our business.
2. Implement and execute the content strategy, using and improving the existing Category Engagement practice. This role will be responsible for consistency of engagement across categories. Success will be measured on a quarterly basis against the strategy and individual project outcomes that are executed within the quarter.
3. Develop and use a consistent reporting model to show the value the content team is bringing to the category(s), this need to be aligned to merchandising KPIs such as driving CVI scores and improving P&L performance
4. Become an expert in the use of the tools the team uses, including but not limited to Omniture, Thoughtspot, Content Quality tools, DSS reports, the process to rank content sources, Supplier Center, the Content ingestion tool, Google Trends, Taxonomy tool and the ability to analyze data that is not always easily extracted.
5. Be able to provide consistent support to the merchants to help debug and rectify process and facilitate technical issues that may not always fall solely in your role
6. This position will be expected to independently use the tools to develop and execute a content strategy for a category. This position will also be expected to onboard new team members, mentor & train them in the use of the tools.
7. Be a content expert, understand all the various types of product attribution and content and which content types will have the most impact on product performance.
8. Understand the way the Walmart Catalog works, how products are categorized, how website facets are managed and how internal product hierarchies and managed.
9. Develop and maintain relationships with the category merchants at all levels in the organization. The expectation is that this role be invited to attend Category Strategy meetings and add value as a content expert and consultant.
10. Be able to work in a true matrix organization while being a mentor to all team members.
11. Stay abreast of latest developments, best practices and competitive intelligence in product content.
1. Develop and retain relationships
2. Excellent Communication skills
3. Work in a matrix, influence without authority
4. Attention to detail, persistent drive to understand details of process, tools
5. Strategic thinking
6. Process development and implementation
7. Ability to help merchants and suppliers understand technical and process related concepts
8. Knowledge of Product attribution, Product Content, Product page optimization.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
2+ Years’ Experience in strategic planning and strategy implementation.
Experience in Design, Customer Experience, Data Analytics & Visualization.
Experience with a Supplier to Walmart or Agency in a role related to Item Setup, Product attribution
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The role is on the Content Acquisition Team, part of the area responsible for the development and management of the Walmart Product Catalog. The acquisition of content (Product attributes including Images, Descriptions, Titles etc.) is accomplished by purchasing available data, leveraging internal content capabilities, external partners and working with suppliers to ingest the best possible content.