Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
• Proficiency with Java, Garbage Collection Systems, Multi-threading is a must.
• Ability to write build scripts or stand up web servers with scripting languages like bash, python, ruby etc.
• Experience with Linux and its command-line tools.
• Experience with some or all of the open-source technologies like Solr, Kafka, Cassandra etc.
• Can work in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects.
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
• Work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with Kafka, Storm or Spark is a plus.
• Experience working on distributed systems and networking.
• Proficiency with Scala, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes would be a plus.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Pickup Check-in Team powers the Walmart Pickup Experience Platform. Once a shopper places an online order and receives a confirmation that it’s ready for pickup, the customer uses the Walmart app to “check-in” when they are about to go to the store. The “check-in” status then signals store employees to begin assembling items in the customer’s order. The customer parks his car and walks to store up to the Pickup desk, scans the barcode on his phone and then picks up his Order.
As part of the Pickup Check-in Team, the backend engineer will be contributing to the platform building new features and capabilities that scale for our millions of customers. The role includes developing new web services, building real time data pipelines and implementing machine learning models that will help reduce the wait time and provide a great customer experience.