Design Lead, IoT
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Design Lead, we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to help the iOT team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom.
The right fit is someone who is a creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think strategically – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards, wireframes, process flows and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
• Build prototypes to assist in user research with high fidelity techniques and /or design tools
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
• A product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Prototyping, product/interaction/visual design/prototype through pencil on paper sketching and using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Experience with emerging technologies in IoT
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 6+ years design experience, or Master’s degree and 4+ years design experience, or PhD and 2+ years design experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with responsive web, iOS and Android.
• Experience building efficient scalable systems in eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Leverage emerging technologies in the IoT space like voice, computer-vision based commerce experiences and other newer technologies to enrich customer experience. This is an opportunity to be at the cutting edge of ecommerce with the largest retailer in the world.