Staff Data Scientist
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
We are looking for Staff Software Engineer (Back End) for the capacity and scheduling management team. You will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable e-commerce applications.
• Use proven best practices to design and develop applications
• Work with architect and product visionaries to design, prototype and build highly scalable solution
• Leverage test driven development approach to ensure your software deliverables are as expected
• Build CI/CD pipeline which will allow QE team to test and report issues at a fast pace and shorten delivery time
We have start up culture and are looking to grow our team of Software Engineers who are passionate and are looking to learn and grow in a team-oriented environment. We take pride in building products that support multiple Walmart business units such as Walmart US, Walmart Canada, Walmart Mexico, ASDA UK, etc...
Sounds interesting? We would love to talk to you about this opportunity
Minimum education and experience required - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 10+ years of industry experience
• Solid problem solving skills
• Extensive experience building REST services using back end technologies (Java, Spring, Jersey)
• In depth knowledge of relational and non relational DB technologies (Oracle, Cassandra, Hive, MySQL)
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledge and experience in building machine learning algorithms
• Retail domain experience
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
RovR team manages large scale production combinatorial optimization systems that solve several transportation optimization problems like last mile vehicle routing. We are looking for an Operations Research Scientist who can solve optimization challenges in supply chain and take the solution to production. You will be working with a team of world class researchers and engineers to solve problems like real time driver scheduling for a large fleet of vehicles. You will also get take your solution to scale leveraging the unique capabilities of Walmart’s private cloud infrastructure.