Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
• Develop and foster relationships with business partners to support the business goals
• Partner and strategize with business partners in different verticals across the organization to provide legal analysis associated with diverse business plans
• Provide legal advice and counsel to the company and its affiliated companies
• Provide support for business transactions and assess legal and commercial risks
• Manage financial resources and processes
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity
• Manage outside counsel
• 7 years’ legal experience as an attorney
• Law degree from accredited law school. License to practice in California
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• At least 7 years working as a lawyer in a corporate legal department or law firm
• Experience in ecommerce or other retailing business, including support of merchandising, marketing, logistics and technology functions and experience in recognizing legal issues relevant to HR, finance, government relations, compliance and litigation
• Experience with applicable state and federal laws pertaining to compliance for an ecommerce company, including but not limited to consumer regulatory legal issues, antitrust, privacy and data protection, environmental, advertising
• Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible, self-starting, hardworking, with intellectual curiosity
• Comfortable working in rapidly changing organization, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing wide variety of agreements
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of complex matters with minimal supervision
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
We’re looking for an experienced attorney who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities. If you have the vision and passion to see the challenges of the ecommerce market, the skill and savvy to bring solutions for unique challenges and drive to serve our customers, we want to meet you.
As Associate Counsel, you’ll support cross-functional compliance initiatives and provide strategic counseling, advice and legal support for Walmart eCommerce operations and its affiliated companies. This position is located in San Bruno, California.