Senior Security Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Assists in the development of Information Security Engineers
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in eCommerce and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Improves the security posture of Walmart-owned sites
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Monitors and administers network security
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides on-call security and operational support for the production web environment and associated locations
- Supports governance and compliance audits relative to payment card industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Bachelor's degree or greater in a technical or business discipline
• Ability to write high quality security code: reliable, efficient, easy to debug and maintain and two years of SW Development in Java
• A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
• Familiarity with security architecture, network protocols, cloud storage/computing, and software engineering practices
• Knowledge of OWASP TOP 10, SANS 25, common application security issues
• Strong knowledge of web application security issues.
• Must have strong Security experience as it relates to developing applications.
• Experience with Transport Layer Security (TLS), Authentication, encryption, OATH etc.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Be a part of Sam’s Club – a Fortune 100 Membership-driven Company. You will be the most senior person in a small group along with two other engineers.
Your charter will be to drive the implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorization, role based access controls, capability and policy management, and auditing and compliance. You will be the subject matter expert on architecture and systems security, as well as work on technologies like real time application security protection. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying application security requirements for projects and performing other security-related activities that may be assigned according to skills