Senior Security Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Assists in the development of Information Security Engineers
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in eCommerce and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Improves the security posture of Walmart-owned sites
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Monitors and administers network security
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides on-call security and operational support for the production web environment and associated locations
- Supports governance and compliance audits relative to payment card industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Bachelor's degree or greater in a technical or business discipline
• At least 6 years of hands-on coding experience in two of the following languages: Java, C/C++, Python, Node.js.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
•Develop high quality software to enhance application level security
• Drive the implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorization, role based access controls, capability and policy management, auditing and compliance
• Provide subject matter expertise on architecture and systems security
• Collaborate with other engineering & business teams to execute against the vision and roadmap
• Work on remediation of insecure code
• Work on technologies like real time application security protection.
• Ensure that identified issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate time frame.
• Perform application code and design reviews of internally developed applications for security issues.
• Identifying application security requirements for projects
• Performing other security-related projects that may be assigned according to skills