Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
• Participates the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Designs, implements and tests complex code changes for specific business requirements
• Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with product
management and architects.
• Independently handles high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/ incidents.
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and
standards of ethics and integrity
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in the search domain highly desirable
• Experience with big data methodologies involving Hive/Hadoop/ Spark; knowledge of relational databases
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Search processes billions of queries for millions of products on Walmart sites and apps worldwide. Whenever a user
types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or the iPad, our service goes to work. We
mine structured and semi-structured data from product catalogs, social web, transactions, query logs, etc. at an
unprecedented scale. We work on big data problems, cutting edge relevance algorithms from information retrieval,
machine learning, and ranking to deliver a high-availability, low-latency service, which directly impacts business