Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
RovR is a highly scalable route optimization software powering several high volume use-cases in Walmart Supply Chain. This position seeks an experienced software engineer to work on the complex engineering tasks needed for scaling the system and improving the efficiency of our patented algorithms. The engineer will get an opportunity to work on multiple aspects of the optimization engine and associated components.
• Ability to write high performance, modular Java code.
• Good understanding of JVM scaling bottlenecks
• Deep understanding of concurrent programming in Java
• Familiarity with Build Tools such as ANT, MAVEN
• Familiarity no-sql data-stores like cassandra, couchbase
• Familiarity with high-throughput queues such as Kafka
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• High level understanding of mathematical optimization techniques (linear programming, constraint programming etc)
• High level understanding of heuristics used for solving combinatorial optimization problems.
• Knowledge of graph algorithms like dijakstra, A*
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment