Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of members and associates. To do this, you’ll need to think visually –using techniques like storyboards and sketching –to communicate design concepts. You’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing, etc), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver compelling designs.
How you’ll spend your days
• Create business, consumer, and associate product experiences
• Work autonomously but seek out and welcome feedback from senior designers and managers
• Think holistically – about the people using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, solid research and data
Why you’re a great fit
• You’re probably stronger on one side than the other, but you have a blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for detail
• When you look at Samsclub.com, you see multiple easy ways make the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customer and you're excited to tell us about them
• You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
• You express your design point of view and openly advocate for another team member’s design
• You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences
• You have a portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
• The ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can communicate design rationale
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces
• Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website
• Ability to produce great work in short timeframes and multi-task across different projects
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years product design experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Complimentary skills in your Product Designer arsenal: prototyping (with Flinto, Framer, Marvel, Principle or similar), user research, motion design, illustration
• Experience designing compelling experiences for large, customer-facing properties
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the membership you love the most.
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.