Principal Network Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Directs coordination between large projects and the technical execution plan
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Information Systems Division (ISD)
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads system design process and solution development
- Leads technical strategy implementation efforts
- Maintains and advances industry expertise
- Oversees developmental opportunities of associates
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 7 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 11 years OR 9 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 11 years.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
- 2 years experience integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio.
- 3 years experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 4 years experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations.
- 4 years experience designing and implementing technical solutions.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Work cross-functionally with senior counterparts to develop overall network operational rigor and network technology strategy for both cloud and non-cloud based topologies. Seek opportunities to leverage development and technology efforts across the business and allocates financial and human resources to ensure initiatives are supported.
Collaborate and influence peers and management across Internal and External Partners and various other groups at Walmart to drive the network strategy, cloud SDN strategy, business goals and roadmap execution. Help steer and innovate best networking practices in Walmart’s OpenStack deployment and public cloud.