Senior Product Manager
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
By bringing together online, mobile, and social with our thousands of stores around the world, Walmart eCommerce is creating a seamless experience for customers to shop in the way that’s most convenient for them—anytime and anywhere. When you combine our unmatched assets in retail with our commitment to building best-in-class eCommerce capabilities, we’re positioned to serve customers in ways no one else can. At Walmart eCommerce, our business and technology teams collaborate to drive technology that’s creating billions of better customer experiences for the world’s largest global retailer. What’s the next big thing? See for yourself at Walmart eCommerce. As idea explorers for eCommerce, our engineers, scientists, consumer internet professionals and visionaries design, prototype and build extraordinary products. With over 4,000 associates in Silicon Valley, Sao Paulo, San Diego, Portland and Bangalore, we’re bringing together some of the best professionals around the world, including our idea incubator @WalmartLabs. If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve hard problems at scale and make a difference for our customers, join us.
Customer Promise enables Walmart's ecommerce business to make and keep delivery promises to its customer in our global market. With 4000+ brick and mortar stores and thousands of other suppliers fulfilling Walmart's online/in-store orders for over 1 billion customers - the challenge and complexity is pronounced!! You will be challenged to optimize the performance of Customer Promise products like Order management, Supply chain Tech, Returns, Integration with Fulfillment centers and Third-party Market Place and Drop Ship vendors while maintaining performance at scale. We are building Omni-channel solutions for Walmart.com intended to also serve Walmart's online businesses worldwide (Walmart.com; Walmart Online Grocery, ASDA etc.). We work within the world’s largest retailer yet maintain a startup feel working in small agile teams to revolutionize the ecommerce landscape.
· Develops and champions a world class product vision and strategy for a product team managing multiple products.
· Drives the execution of multiple projects in an Agile Environment for Product Management including product requirements.
· Ensures alignment of product vision, strategy, and status with the executive leadership team's priorities and vision as well as team’s stakeholders.
· Ensures business needs are being met.
· Partner very closely with High Performing Engineering teams to ensure we are building scalable software products that meets customer needs and on time with quality.
· Be technically savvy to build and grow technical platforms and products as well as contribute to engineering conversations & priorities in a scrappy , ambiguous start-up environment
· Be an advocate of metric/data based decision making.
· Make impact on a global scale.
· Promotes and supports mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
· Bachelor’s degree with focus on Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 7 years’ experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Master’s Degree with focus on Computer Science/Information Systems, or related field and 5-10 years’ experience in product management, business consulting.
· Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams with an agile mindset
· Ability to quickly build relationships with key partners across the enterprise
· Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to achieving objectives
· Customer, End User, and Impact focused
· Effective communicator to act as an advisor to senior leadership and partners
· Flexible and adaptive in ambiguous environments
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Product Manager in Post Purchase Experience, Supply Chain Technology.