Site Reliability Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
As a member of the Global Technical Operations (GTO) SRE team you will work with other SRE and DevOps practitioners to produce mission-critical infrastructure, tools, and processes that will ensure highest levels of availability and reliability of all our websites. As a senior member of the team you will be expected to work with management, peers, and customers to define and implement the technical vision of the team.
You're right for the job if you're comfortable with deep technical Linux, networking topics, and distributed architectures. You will work cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant engineering service or solution that we deliver to our stakeholders. You'll excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep, and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization. You will work directly with our Software Engineering teams to build our next generation “always up” cloud based e-commerce platform.