SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year s experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
- 2 years experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 2 years experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2 years experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
- Hands on experience with Java/Scala and Python is preferable.
Experience building high throughput, low latency cache solutions would be a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a development role in a building web based Java EE services/applications.
- Experience with SOA, Apache Camel, REST, Web-Services, JEE technologies, Spring, Hibernate, Cassandra desirable
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Merchant Technology group is a team of engineers, developers and product leaders who are responsible for the analytics, tools and platforms to support our merchandizing strategies including competitive intelligence, algorithmic pricing, product catalog, marketplace and product search and our webservices.