Senior Product Designer, Online Grocery
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
We need your expertise to make an impact on our most strategic and important initiative within Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division: grocery. Your assignment will be to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, service design, prototyping) to our core shopping experience. You will liaise with cross-functional teams across Business, Product, and Engineering to deliver experiences that bring delight to our customers. Ultimately, your passion to serve, and a growth mindset, will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate about building in the ecommerce space, who can jump in and make an immediate impact.
• Think conceptually – apply a user-centric approach to requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate interaction concepts
• Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a team of makers and foodies, dedicated to learning & collaborating to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experience
• Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
Other required qualifications:
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skills
• Excellent grasp of design and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design thinking and industry trends.
• Good communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you must be able to articulate and advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
• Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Grocery business accounted for more than half of Walmart's U.S. sales last year, and huge opportunities exist within our Online Grocery Team to disrupt how the world shops for groceries.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Product Designer to join us in our mission of saving our customers time and money. We leverage deep consumer insights to help us focus on key user needs in conjunction new technology, our deep business expertise, and our years of customer trust to a seamless shopping experiences. At Walmart, we serve our customers in ways that no one else can. Come help us bring the best of Walmart to customers across the country!