Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
• Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Strong working knowledge of distributed services, multi-threading, performance optimization at scale for high throughput-low latency applications.
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads and participates in end to end service implementations, data feeds ingestion, and orchestration
• Designs and implements low latency services.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
• 5+ years’ experience in a development role in a building web based Java EE services/applications.
• Experience with SOA, Apache Camel, REST, Web-Services, JEE technologies, Spring, Hibernate, Cassandra desirable
• 2+ years’ experience in Agile Methodology
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Hands on experience with Java/Scala and Python is preferable
• Experience building high throughput, low latency cache solutions would be a plus
Spring, Hibernate, Cassandra desirable
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Merchant Technology group is a team of engineers, data scientists and product leaders who are responsible for the analytics, tools and platforms to support our merchandizing strategies including competitive intelligence, algorithmic pricing, product catalog, marketplace and product search.