Staff Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
If you've dealt with large, scalable systems in the past, that would be great. A passion for performance and basic Bash and operations skills are also a plus, but not required.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Are you a Go (Golang to Google) developer? Do you have experience building backend, network related Golang applications? We've got a great position for you here at @WalmartLabs on our Torbit (Frontend Performance) Team. This position will help us create the backbone of the Torbit services, primarily focused on traffic routing, caching, and automated frontend optimization.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting the operation of our Torbit optimization proxies and other services for monitoring and improving frontend performance. You will work with other Go developers and performance engineers to solve frontend performance bottlenecks and related issues.
We have a strong commitment to moving fast and solving real problems. We are providing critical infrastructure and need to be a part of the business that "just works". It will be your responsibility to meet this commitment, both individually and as a member of the team.
Come help us make Walmart.com faster!
Design, prototype, and develop high-performance software for our http proxy rewriting system for automated performance optimization
Maintain and expand upon our performance data related systems including a high throughput map/reduce interface on a custom time series database
Discover and implement new performance optimizations for the site and traffic routing
Build internal tools to monitor, manage, and automate existing systems
Make an impact on a global scale