Senior Manager I Software Engineering
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
Insight about the team - The Customer Promise team is building Walmart’s next gen supply chain to ensure that online customers receive their products when and where they want them. When our unmatched assets in retail are combined with our commitment to building best-in-class e-commerce capabilities, we’re positioned to serve customers in ways no one else can. We are a highly motivated group of big data geeks, data scientists, and application engineers that work together to fulfill hundreds of millions of orders and ensure that customers are delighted.
Looking for someone who can
• Lead and Manage a group of engineers for Supply Chain team to build the transportation and tracking platform.
• Building and managing relations with the business partners and understanding their business requirements.
• Closely work with the Product Management, Architects and cross functional teams, 3rd party carriers and deliver solutions to the business partners from around the globe.
• Manage and groom associates. Meet hiring and retention Targets of the team. Build a high-performance culture.
As a Manager, you will have -
• Exposure to manage team of 10-12 engineers and QE.
• Walmart scale - exposure to various Walmart business units like Jet, Hayneedle, Walmart eCommerce.
• Manage customer order tracking and drive on time delivery, Walmart eCommerce trailer tracking, Jet & Walmart Mexico customer order tracking, Supplier inventory to Walmart warehouse and various returns area tracking.
• Exposure to international market like Mexico; Gain hands on experience to design scalable solutions, work with Walmart business, product and customers directly to solve problems.
• Leverage to open source technologies using public clouds; build and mentor engineers; present ideas to larger organizations groups including innovation; foster culture independently to run team.
Ideal Day in Life would be -
• Business relationship building
• Roadmap and strategy
• Mentor and coach engineers
• Playing for features delivery
• Review business and system KPIs for success
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Must have diverse group of engineers
• Demonstrated experience for working with cross functional stakeholders to gather and prioritize product requirements, manage development and delivery commitments for customer.
• Influential communication skills; ability to effectively articulate technical challenges solutions
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• 6+ years’ experience building distributed solution
• 5+ years' experience in Java or Scala, webservices and Open source technologies
• Strong focus on testing during development
• Experience creating/designing real-time streaming pipelines from messaging systems like Kafka.
• Ability to understand business needs and convert them into vision and solution.
• Solid understanding of e-commerce retail end to end business processes.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Open source code committer
- Machine Learning (ML) and Big data experience.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment