Sr Manager E-Discovery-Legal
Walmart Stores BENTONVILLE, AR
About the Job
• Demonstrates an understanding of the complexity of Walmart’s litigation matters, including the ability to analyze data and evidence to support case strategy
• Makes recommendations on how to leverage data in shaping Walmart’s defense.
• Monitors trends relating to the collection and review of ESI across Walmart’s litigation portfolio
• Identifies opportunities for improvement of ESI collection and review processes
• Educates outside counsel on ESI processes and procedures and serves as a resource throughout the life of matters
• Develops understanding of the various systems relied on by the Legal Department and those systems most frequently used by the business in commercial, products liability, and employment matters
• Demonstrates trainer-level understanding of ESI collection process, NUIX, Relativity, and other review platforms
• Demonstrates deep understanding of and ability to manage the legal holds process as necessary, including an understanding of Atlas
• Conducts custodian interviews and maintains up-to-date record of interview responses
• Helps manage contract discovery review teams
• Serves as an ESI resource to professional staff within the Litigation Support Group
• Experience as a practicing attorney handling complex civil litigation is highly preferred
- Bachelor s degree in Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Business or related field OR 5 years experience in litigation support, computer sciences or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years Electronic Discovery Project Management (EDRM) experience
- 2 years experience working within a corporate Legal department.
- 3 years additional experience litigation support, computer sciences or related field
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Master s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or related field.
- Paralegal certification.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.