Truck Shop Repair Technician
Walmart Stores MENOMONIE, WI
About the Job
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Correctly identifies and performs warrantable repairs
- Performs intermediate to advanced inspections, repairs, and replacements following company guidelines on all Walmart equipment (for example,trailers, tractors, yard trucks, shop equipment, service vehicles)
- Receive fuel drops and conduct fuel sampling
- 1 year of college, a technical school degree, or certification in Heavy Duty Truck/Trailer Maintenance OR 2 years' experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair.
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.25, which includes one of the following: successful completion of a brake maintenance or inspection training program sponsored by a brake or vehicle manufacturer or similar commercial training program OR 1 year s experience performing brake maintenance or inspection in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year s experience performing brake maintenance or inspection at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.19, which includes one of the following: Successful completion of a state or federal training program or has a certificate from a state or Canadian province which qualifies the person to perform commercial vehicle inspections OR successful completion of a truck or trailer manufacturer sponsored training program or similar commercial training program designed to train students in truck operation and maintenance OR 1 year s experience as a mechanic or inspector in a motor carrier maintenance program OR 1 year s experience as a mechanic or inspector in truck or trailer maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or other similar facility OR 1 year s experience as a commercial vehicle inspector for a state, provincial, or federal government.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year s experience using computer applications (for example, email, spreadsheets, word processing).
- 3 years' experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Brake, PMI, and Electrical Certification.
- Both Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) driver's certification.
- College or technical school level coursework in heavy duty truck/Trailer Maintenance.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.