Design Lead, Online Grocery (Visual)
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Lead Designer, we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within Walmart’s Global eCommerce, customer experience design team. Specifically, your assignment is to help the Online Grocery team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom.
The right fit is someone who is a creative and strategic designer with strengths in visual design and passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards, wireframes, process flows and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
- Think strategically – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
- Make design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
- Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
What You'll Need
- Prototyping, product/interaction/visual design/prototype through pencil on paper sketching and using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 3 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
• A product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Experience with responsive web, iOS and Android
Other required qualifications:
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Strong interaction design skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience building efficient scalable systems in eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Did you know that the Grocery business accounted for more than half of Walmart's U.S. sales last year?Huge opportunities exist within Walmart.com to disrupt how the world shops for groceries within our Online Grocery Team.We are looking for a talented Lead Designer to join us, as we save our customers time and money by leveraging new technology and connecting all the parts of our business into a single seamless shopping experience: great stores, easy pickup, fast delivery, and apps and websites that are simple to use.We aim to leverage deep consumer insights to reinvent how people shop for everyday groceries by creating seamless online and in-store experiences that are easy, personal, and inspirational.At Walmart, we serve our customers in ways that no one else can.Come help us bring the best of Walmart to customers across the country!