Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Design Lead, we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to help the Core Site team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom.
The right fit is someone who is a creative and strategic visual designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards, wireframes, process flows and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 3 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
- A product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- Prototyping, product/interaction/visual design/prototype through pencil on paper sketching and using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with responsive web, iOS and Android
- Experience building efficient scalable systems in eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an expert in iOS and Android app design. As a member of the User Experience Design team focused on the Path to Product, you’ll work side-by-side with smart and talented Product Managers, User Researchers and Engineers to craft unique, delightful and functional in-app experiences that help our customer effortlessly find the products they want at prices they love.