Sr. Content Strategist
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
Design, content, and user experience are incredibly important at Walmart eCommerce. We look to the Content Strategist to envision how to help people save money and live better with Walmart, and to bring that vision to life. Content Strategists help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world. To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other content strategists, architects, designers, researchers, product managers and engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead in the creation of business and consumer product experiences.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Focus on customer needs and continuously improve content to increase customer comprehension, product adoption and issue resolution.
- Help users figure out what to do next with perceptive decisions about language and wording choices.
- Solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- When you look at Walmart.com, you will see multiple easy ways we could restructure our navigation, data, content, checkout flow, or page elements to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to tell us about them.
- Mentor other team members on best practices.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to write brief, persuasive, on-task text that keeps users engaged and reduces errors and confusion.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business. Work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience with digital content creation OR Master’s degree and 3 years digital content experience.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience creating content strategy for large customer facing properties.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Core Site Access team is responsible for working on strategic horizontal core Walmart end-to-end initiatives that help meets the business goals while advocating for customer needs. We delight customers by creating a seamless omni-channel customer experience for some of our biggest strategic initiatives.
This means... we sometimes push back on business rules and make large operational changes. Our responsibility lies across the entire site, so we are never looking at just one touch point and are always working with core track teams. Our work impacts the customer in everything they do - we strive to create an engaging, simple, and intuitive shopping journey always!