Software Engineer III
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
At Walmart Labs, we're reinventing the world's leading retail platform, leveraging our unique strengths to deliver the best customer experience wherever our customers shop. Imagine an environment where one line of code, one experiment, or one idea has the power to catapult an entire industry towards a smarter future. Better yet, imagine if that power could be yours, every day. That's what we do at Walmart Labs.
While we are tech-empowered, we are people-led. We're a team of 4,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart and across the world, delivering innovations that transform how our customers shop and how our enterprise operates. Our technologists solve some of the most complex problems at Walmart, building solutions that impact hundreds of millions of people for the world's largest retailer.
Our engineering teams live on the front line of e-commerce innovation. We're made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, and we're rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
What You'll Do:
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
Provides support to the business for new and existing systems
Troubleshoots business and production issues