Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Please add text
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Strati Search Team is the primary choice for running managed-search clusters across Walmart. We automate the task of creating giant clusters for several teams such that our team focuses on the technology part of search while the application teams can focus on the business-technology side. This provides a unique opportunity to gain knowledge about many teams' workflows and use-cases while remaining close to what we love - technology, open-source, Linux, Java and distributed systems. This is an important role with great visibility, and the engineer would be responsible for getting our customers critical and time-sensitive data about disruptions to their services through event intelligence and automating the workflow for reduction in downtime. You will also get a chance to work directly with some of these open-source committers and solve the most important problems around high-availability, scalability, monitoring, distributed computing, keeping datacenters in sync and maximizing machine throughput.