Principal Product Management
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
In this role you drive product strategy and execution from inception through delivery. You interact regularly with senior leaders and are responsible for delivering new initiatives and features that deliver value to the customer.
· Drive the product vision and roadmap for Search which includes the systems that process billions of queries for millions of products on Walmart sites and mobile apps worldwide. We mine structured and semi-structured data from product catalogs, social web, transactions, query logs, etc. at an unprecedented scale
· Ensure business and customer experience strategies are translated into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are setup to scale for explosive growth
· Lead transformational initiatives to achieve major financial goals and/or KPIs
· Own and manage all aspects of the system to support Operations
· Mentor and develop a high performing team of product managers and data scientists while partnering closely with engineering
· Foster a strong partnership with key stakeholders and senior executives
· Develop actionable insights from large data sets
Travel domestically and internationally as needed
· 10+ years of product management experience with deep knowledge of the e-commerce
· In depth knowledge of big data, product catalogs, Search domain
· Experience driving product vision and roadmaps with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, query data, and understand root cause.
· Experience working with data scientists and sophisticated optimization models
· Exceptional communication skills
Uncompromising commitment to the customer
Additional Preferred Qualifications
MBA, computer science, or advanced degree in statistics or operations research a plus
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Are you an online shopper? Are you an avid researcher who is passionate about words and relevance? If so, the Search team is looking to hire a Principle Product Manager that is passionate about delivering a great customer experience for Walmart Grocery. The Search team processes billions of queries for millions of products on Walmart sites and mobile apps worldwide.