Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Please add text
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
hat you'll do at
The Merchant Technology organization is focused on building truly global experiences and infrastructural capabilities that enable unprecedented assortment growth and awesome end-to-end Shopping customer experiences from finding the product all the way to delivering it to the customer. The next generation solution encompasses item ingestion, setup, cataloging, Production Classification, large-scale Information Retrieval and publishing with a focus on scale, flexibility, and localization of data, process, rules, and presentation.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests and queries every day for millions of products with big data, high performance, high availability and scalability being the building blocks of our DNA. The team is also chartered with building an intuitive state-of-the-art marketplace experience that can serve 3rd party retailers across the globe to help unleash their digital experience using this infrastructure.
We are a team of rock star engineers and product visionaries working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of e-Commerce. Our team exudes all-around talent in developing end-to-end solutions in a highly scalable, cloud-based, service-oriented environment.
• Strong knowledge of technical architecture and design in building large scale applications in core Java
• Good acumen about evolving Frameworks, Streaming architectures & Big Data
• Strong understanding of highly scalable, HA distributed systems design using SOA
• Passionate about reviewing a LOT of code and should be willing to write code
• Endless drive to make things happen, drive ambiguity to clarity
• Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas to executive teams
• Work with product and other cross-functional teams on product initiatives and execution