Staff Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
As a World Class User Telemetry and Behavioral Data Collection Engineer you will be proficient in Java, Scala, Java Script, GO programming languages. Our mission is to Design, Build, Maintain, and Support User Behavioral data collection, pipelines, warehouses to support various divisions of Walmart and their respective Analysts, Business Intelligence, Data Science, and Operations groups.
As a Staff Software Engineer you will:
• Work across Divisions, building relationships to accomplish business goals.
• Mentor junior engineers providing supervision and development, including Architecture, Design, Development, Quality Management and Support.
• Ruthlessly prioritize and optimize to ensure business needs are met or exceeded.
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics, and integrity
• Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Work with enterprise architects, product owners, data scientists and engineers and business to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
• Ability to learn, adopt, and apply new technologies.
Your Technical skill set will include:
• Coding, analysis, modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing, and collaboration with business partners, product managers, and engineering team members.
• Ability to simplify complex systems, execute technology refresh, anticipate business requirements.
• Your passion for excellent written and verbal communication to diverse audiences
• Create and Present Architecture, Design Docs, Test Plans, Deployment, and Support Docs
• Knowledge in all aspects of data governance, designing, and creating data warehouses and operational data stores in technologies like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, and Object Stores.