Senior Manager, Front End Development & Custom Coding
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Defines system architecture and tactical solutions for product development
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures delivery success
- Ensures efficient delivery of quality product
- Improves, optimizes, and identifies opportunities for improved software development life cycle
- Manages the testing of a functional domain of the technology platform and builds solutions with directors and above to align with business strategy
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports continuous process improvement and innovation
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software and 1 year supervisory experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Sam's Club eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping.
Lead the Sams Club front end development and custom coding team that's on the front lines of publishing daily user-facing creative & marketing content and creative assets to our digital shopping platforms—desktop, mobile and apps. Includes all site content that is not hard-coded by our Engineering department.
1. Lead, mentor and manage the front end developers and QA specialists dedicated to our Marketing & Creative departments. This team specializes in custom front-end code solutions to meet evolving business needs not supported by existing codebase and templates; and in using our ecommerce platform admin tools (ATG, Tempo and others in development) to code, load and publish marketing & merchandising assets to our ecommerce experiences including:
• Category, shelf & club locator POVs and other types of pages supporting promotional campaigns, events, membership, storytelling, rich content, and marketing assets/modules that aren’t dynamic product grids/carousels
• All custom landing pages used for marketing campaigns, preorder experiences, acquisition campaigns, buying guides & any need not supported by an existing template
• Run of Site banner and similar promotional/offer assets
3. Plan for optimal resourcing & processes to ensure priority support of holiday & other promotional events including war rooms, launches and troubleshooting.
4. Partner cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Creative, Operations, Site Merch, Site Ops and Marketing to ensure efficient and effective communication and workflows on bugs, issues resolution and product development wherever it impacts or has dependencies on internal front end user groups & admin tools.