Staff Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
• Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Supports and ensures business objectives being met
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small group of 3 to 4 engineers for assigned Engineering projects
• Leads and participates in end to end service implementations, data feeds ingestion, and orchestration
• Designs and implements low latency services.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications
• 8+ years’ experience in a development or architectural leadership role
• Experience leading teams through the full life-cycle of software development through design, development, quality and deployment
• Experience with modern distributed systems (Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Flink, Spark, Akka)
• Modern programming language (Java, Python, Scala, SQL) excellence
• Linux system interaction (file transfer, permissions, certificate operations, process maintenance)
• Experience building fast and responsive web applications
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The @Labs Smart Pricing team consists of platform engineers, application engineers, data scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. We are focused on building the global service layer that will enable the business to set prices so customers and save money. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.