Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Marketing)
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
What You Will Get to Do:
Main responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting and analysis in support of the business; identifying opportunities and risk as well as, and more importantly, driving business results. Candidates will be expected to utilize their analytical skills and financial background to provide advice to their respective business partners. As a result, candidates should possess the interpersonal skills necessary to function effectively as an ambassador and service provider while maintaining fiduciary responsibilities.
1. Budgeting/Planning (30%)
2. Forecast/Close/Reporting (30%)
3. Analysis (40%)
The candidate should:
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Develops and executes financial planning processes for assigned operations, divisions, or departments
• Oversees performance management activities
• Provides input for business decisions
• Take on stretch goals and manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position does not supervise employees.
• Operational Discipline to deliver projects on tight schedule
What We Can Offer You
● Opportunity to accelerate your career by learning the details of how to run a high-growth business.
● Unique first-hand experience to help define the future of online and physical commerce at massive scale.
● To develop and generate your professional network.
● Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
● A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting stuff done.
● Unique chance to build and lead an exceptionally talented team.
● Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup
• Customer-Centric: You are passionate about baking customer service into how you think and operate.
• Team player who is a self-starter and is able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• You have a strong analytical bent with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• You have a high aptitude to learn quickly with the ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure.
• You have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals across the enterprise.
• Personable: You work well with different personalities.
• Self-starter looking to gain broad experience in helping scale a fast growing business.
• Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability in performing complex data analysis and drawing actionable insights.
• 2-4+ years of related work experience in a finance-related field
• Bachelor’s degree required; B.S. in business administration, economics, finance, engineering
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 3 years of experience in advanced financial analysis, including modeling, forecasting, and trend analysis
• Previous experience in eCommerce finance
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help to understand customer’s behaviors and how to better serve them? The Marketing Finance Group at Walmart eCommerce is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of Customer understanding, eCommerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love.
This position will partner with Marketing teams and category finance heads to provide analytical insight and financial discipline that can help to optimize marketing investment through different marketing vehicles across many different portfolio analysis. Within Finance, you will be a strong and inspirational leader to raise the bar on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to continue to build our world class finance team.