Senior Manager II, Mobile Software Engineering - SamsClub Technology
Sam's Club SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years experience in software engineering OR PhD
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Drives improvements in our engineering process
• Provides supervision, leadership and career planning for associates
• Manages the execution of multiple software engineering teams.
• Demonstrates up to date expertise in Software Engineering and Computer Science and expertise in systems involving mobile applications.