Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Bachelor or Masters (preferred) Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Management Information Systems or similar and 7 to 10 years experience.
Understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Continuous Improvement methodologies
Experience with database platforms including Oracle and Teradata as well as file system experience in Hadoop.
Experience with Java, Python, DataStage, Cognos, Tableau, Thoughtspot, and Lookr.
Understanding of cloud based systems including Infrastructure as a Service and Platforms as a Service
Adaptable to flexible schedules involving teams located in Europe, Asia, and LATAM.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Background as an application developer or data engineer
Walmart's mission is simple: to innovate on retail with new technologies, to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce, and to deliver with speed and agility.
The International eCommerce organization develops the commerce sites for Mexico, Canada and the UK.
The Senior Software Engineer will be creating software and data engineering components that establish and maintain the International eCommerce Data Lake. In this role, you will assist in defining system architecture and lead large tactical solutions for product development, drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects and ensure business needs are being met. As such, key measures of success are:
* Ensures delivery success
* Ensures efficient delivery of quality product
* Improves, optimizes, and identifies opportunities for improved software development life cycle
* Manages the testing of a functional domain of the technology platform and builds solutions with directors and above to align with business strategy
* Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
* Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
* Supports continuous process improvement and innovation