Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As Product Manager, you will lead a group chartered to successfully define, develop and deliver digital products for Sam's Club's physical stores. This extends from increasing the viability of existing products, to developing new products in order to improve member and associate experience across our retail footprint.
You will drive the product discovery process for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects by collaborating with the Business, User Experience, and Engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features; specifying, prioritizing, and communicating high level and detailed product specifications; and using written specifications, business rules, flows, cases and user experience generated deliverables (for example, prototypes, wireframes, design and copy documents). As the product owner, you will then ensure project specs and timelines are met, while solving for roadblocks along the way.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; strategy and planning experience, and a strong drive to deliver. You must be a data seeker, a smart risk taker, willing to voice your opinions and unafraid to ask difficult questions. You must be able to effectively communicate and build collaboration at all areas and levels of the business and engineering. The ideal candidate for this role would be entrepreneurial, resourceful, agile and humble.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related fields
• 5+ years of experience in product management, management consulting or ecommerce OR MBA and 3+ years relevant experience
• Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, marketing, online advertising and/or analytics
• Exceptional strategic, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop a product strategy, based on extensive user research and lean testing, and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift
• Strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate with broader cross-functional teams to gather consensus
• Strong presentation and communication (written/ oral) skill
• Willingness to travel appx. 25% every month
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• MBA or Masters from top tier school
• Previous product management experience in a big box retail environment
• User research experience
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.