Senior Principal, Product Design
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Sr. Principal, we need your expertise to make an impact in highly strategic and important initiatives within the Experience Design team. Specifically, your assignment is to help the team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom.
Why you’re a great fit
• You’re probably stronger on one side than the other, but you have a solid blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for pixel-perfect detail
• You can craft experiences for any channel or platform, with a passion for building in the ecommerce space
• When you look at Samsclub.com, you see multiple easy ways make the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customer and you're excited to tell us about them.
• You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
• You express your design point of view and openly advocate for another team member’s design
• You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences
• You thrive on collaboration – be it with other designers, business partners, product owners or engineering
• You have an impressive product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
Skills you’ll have
• You’re a systems thinker with the ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces
• Mastery of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to create design templates and patterns that mesh with the broader design system
• Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills at the executive level.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
Bachelor's degree and 6+ years designing digital experiences, demonstrating increasing levels of mastery of your craft, or Master’s degree and 4+ years relevant experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Complimentary skills in your Product Designer arsenal: prototyping (with Flinto, Framer, Marvel, Principle or similar), user research, motion design, illustration
• Experience designing compelling experiences for large, customer-facing properties
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the membership you love the most.
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.