Staff Software Engineer - Tech CA (TECH12469)
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
• Expertise in backend engineering
• Experience working with MongoDB, Redis, Memcached and/or other databases
• Experience with SOA architecture
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years experience in software engineering.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
With more than 600 Sam’s Club locations, we offer over 47 million customers more of what they love for less. Our web-based platform is a big part of that growth. The SamsClub.com team is focused on creating the in-club experience online. That is a big job! We’re solution seekers and innovators inspired by a commitment to provide our members increased access and greater value. The work is challenging and incredibly rewarding.
There are very few places, if any, where you can bridge physical and digital experiences for tens of millions of users. Our team builds mobile and ecommerce applications that empower customers in over 600 Sam's Club stores. We are a data-driven team and we constantly improve our products based on user data and feedback. Moreover, we experiment with new features and technologies and scale successful products rapidly.
We are results focused and expect our engineers to be involved in all parts of the product development from product requirements and design to implementation and quality assurance. We follow and adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geo-location, payments, scalability and architecture.
We take great pride in our entrepreneurial culture and the strength of our engineering team. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you about joining us.
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates. Leads the work of other small groups of 1 to 6 engineers for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Samsclub technology environment