BackEnd Staff Software Engineer (Node.JS)
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
• Develop Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices using BackEnd technologies, NodeJS, and Java.
• Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensure business needs are being met
• Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates. Lead the work of other small groups of 1 to 6 engineers for assigned Engineering projects
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Support business objectives
• Troubleshoot business and production issues
• Utilize industry research to improve Samsclub technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years’ experience building scalable applications.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience in a development or architectural leadership role in
building backend services/applications.
• 3+ years of backend, Node.js development experience
• Experience leading teams through the full life-cycle of software development through design, development, quality and deployment
• Experience with SOA, Apache Camel, REST, Web-Services, JEE technologies, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle desirable
• Experience with NOSQL solutions, Big Data techologies Hadoop, Hive, Kafka would be a plus
• Experience building fast and responsive web applications
• 2+ years’ experience in Agile Methodology
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree and eCommerce experience is preferred.
With more than 600 Sam’s Club locations, we offer over 47 million customers more of what they love for less. Our web-based platform is a big part of that growth. The SamsClub.com team is focused on creating the in-club experience online. That is a big job! We’re solution seekers and innovators inspired by a commitment to provide our members increased access and greater value. The work is challenging and incredibly rewarding.
There are very few places, if any, where you can bridge physical and digital experiences for tens of millions of users. Our team builds mobile and ecommerce applications that empower customers in over 600 Sam's Club stores. We are a data-driven team and we constantly improve our products based on user data and feedback. Moreover, we experiment with new features and technologies and scale successful products rapidly.
We are results focused and expect our engineers to be involved in all parts of the product development from product requirements and design to implementation and quality assurance. We follow and adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geo-location, payments, scalability and architecture.
We take great pride in our entrepreneurial culture and the strength of our engineering team. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you about joining us.
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates. Leads the work of other small groups of 1 to 6 engineers for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Samsclub technology environment