Software Engineer III
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
• Demonstrate up to date expertise in Software Engineering and Computer Science and apply it to development of cutting edge mobile applications.
• Participate as an individual contributor in the design and implementation of features and modules in iOS or Android native applications.
• Show full accountability and ownership of code and user experience quality.
• Optimize and refactor of existing code base as needed to ensure that our customers don’t experience any production issues while using our apps.
• Provide technical leadership to teams of 3-5 engineers.
• Represent engineering team in technical and architectural discussions with other engineering teams.
• Contribute to improvements in our engineering process.
• Lead engineering execution of smaller projects/initiatives