Staff Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
We are looking for Staff Software Engineer (Back End) for the Samsclub.com team. You will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable e-commerce applications.
• Use proven best practices to design and develop applications
• Work with architect and product visionaries to design, prototype and build highly scalable solution
• Leverage test driven development approach to ensure your software deliverables are as expected
• Build CI/CD pipeline which will allow QE team to test and report issues at a fast pace and shorten delivery time
We have start up culture and are looking to grow our team of Software Engineers who are passionate and are looking to learn and grow in a team-oriented environment. We take pride in building products that support multiple Walmart business units such Walmart US, Samsclub, Walmart Canada, Walmart Mexico, ASDA UK, etc...
Sounds interesting? We would love to talk to you about this opportunity